The next meeting of the Welsh Black Cattle Society Council will be held on Monday 18th September 2017.
Some of the issues discussed at the Council meeting held 18th April
The Thomas family, Chwaen Goch, Anglesey will present a trophy to the Society at the AGM in memory of the late Mr OG Thomas. It will be presented at the Royal Welsh Show by Mrs Thomas and details have been forwarded to the RWAS for their schedule.
Miss Angharad Davies is sorting the Spring Fair stand and taking a heifer for display.
The Breed Secretary’s contract is to be on-going.
The Constitution was discussed with the Solicitor, Mr Hugh Williams, and, following the Council meeting an Extraordinary Meeting of members was held to confirm rule changes in order that the Constitution, set out by the Charity Commission, be in line with Society Rules.
Agenda for 18th September
1. Chairman’s welcome and opening remarks
2. Apologies for absence
3. To approve the minutes of the last meeting held on 18th April 2017 (Minutes enclosed)
4. Matters arising
6. To receive a report from the Board of Trustees.
7. Election of council members to stand on the Finance Committee, Group C.
8. To review the General Rules.
9. Establish nominees to sign Society cheques (In accordance with Rule 12 (d) of the General Rules).
10. Review of membership and registration costs and ways of payment, and sponsorship.
11. To review the Royal Welsh Show 2017 and re-assess the Welsh Black Cattle Classes.
12. To discuss the need for a Society stand at the Royal Welsh Winter Fair and any other events.
13. Review of the Sales - venues, changes, Judges, advertising, sponsorship etc.
14. Urdd Eisteddfod
15. Up-date on ABRI scheme in light of new regulations.
16. To review the need for the Society Calendar for 2018.
17. Any other business.